The Ayushman Bharat scheme, also known as Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), is one of India’s flagship healthcare initiatives, aimed at providing affordable healthcare services to millions of citizens. Under this scheme, empanelled hospitals play a vital role in delivering healthcare to beneficiaries. To participate in this program, hospitals must adhere to specific eligibility criteria and go through a registration process. In this comprehensive article, we will delve into Ayushman Bharat eligibility criteria for Hospitals. also talk about its guidelines.
Ayushman Bharat eligibility criteria for Hospitals.
For the last week, the Indian Government has been paying more attention to the Ayushman Card. Along with this, PM Vishwakarma Yojana has also been announced. We give similar information on our blog Hindi Techniques. In our previous article, we told you how to check whether Ayushman card is valid or not. Similarly, today in this article we will tell you what is Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria for Hospitals. So friends, let’s start the article.
Before starting the article, we would like to say to all the hospital honors that if you are reading this article, then in this article you will not only know about the eligibility criteria of any hospital as well as about its documents and guidelines. You will also get detailed information. Apart from this, answers to many other questions related to Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria for Private Hospitals and Government Hospitals will also be available. We have given some of those important questions below.
- Ayushman Bharat guidelines for hospitals.
- How to register a hospital in Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
- Documents required for Ayushman Bharat registration for hospitals.
- How many hospitals are under Ayushman Bharat?
- Ayushman Bharat eligibility criteria for Hospitals?
Ayushman Bharat Guidelines for Hospitals.
Ayushman Bharat is a government-sponsored health insurance scheme that offers insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per family per year for secondary and tertiary healthcare services. Hospitals wishing to be part of this initiative must meet certain criteria to ensure the delivery of quality healthcare to beneficiaries.
|Infrastructure Requirements||– Hospitals must have a minimum of 10 in-patient beds.|
|– Adequate medical and nursing staff should be available 24/7.|
|– Essential facilities such as regulated water, electricity, and bio-medical waste disposal must be in place.|
|– Ambulance and other emergency services should be available.|
|Empanelment with State Health Agencies||– Hospitals must be registered with state health agencies to be considered for empanelment.|
|Accessibility||– Hospitals must have accessible washrooms and other facilities to accommodate patients with disabilities.|
|Interoperable IT System||– Hospitals should have an interoperable IT system for managing data related to Ayushman Bharat patients.|
How to Register a Hospital in Ayushman Bharat Yojana?
Registering a hospital in the Ayushman Bharat Yojana involves several steps and procedures. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to register a hospital in Ayushman Bharat:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official website of Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY), which is pmjay.gov.in.
- Access the HEM Portal: On the website, you will find the “Hospitals” tab. Click on it, and then select the “Hospital Empanelment Management (HEM)” tab. You can also access the HEM portal directly via this link: HEM Portal.
- Choose “Express Empanelment”: On the HEM page, you will see the option for “Express Empanelment.” Mark the checkbox for this option.
- Fill in the Application Form: The Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY Hospital Empanelment Online Application Form will appear. In this form, you will need to provide various details related to your hospital, such as the state where the hospital is located, the hospital’s parent type (single/group), the contact person’s email ID, a password, and the type of hospital (Public/Private – Not for Profit/Private – Profit), among other details.
- Create an Account: After filling in all the required information, click on the “Create an Account” button. This will create an account for your hospital in the Ayushman Bharat system.
- Verify Eligibility Criteria: Before registering and logging in, it is essential to ensure that your hospital meets the eligibility criteria. If your hospital was previously registered under the Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana (RSBY), you can log in with the hospital’s reference number and PIN code.
- Complete the Registration: Once your hospital’s eligibility is verified, proceed with the registration process. You may need to provide additional documentation and details as required during the registration process.
By following the 9 points given above, you can easily register your hospital on the Ayushman Bharat portal.
Documents Required for Ayushman Bharat Registration for Hospitals.
The registration of hospitals under the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PM-JAY) requires the submission of specific documents and information to verify eligibility and facilitate the empanelment process. Below is a list of documents and information typically required for Ayushman Bharat registration for hospitals:
|Hospital Registration Certificate||A valid registration certificate of the hospital is issued by the appropriate government authority.|
|Hospital Ownership Proof||Document demonstrating the ownership status of the hospital (e.g., property deed, lease agreement, etc.).|
|Hospital Infrastructure Details||Details of the hospital’s infrastructure, including the number of beds, medical facilities, and equipment available.|
|Hospital Location Information||Location details of the hospital, including its address, contact number, and geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude).|
|Hospital Type||Specification of the type of hospital (Public, Private – Not for Profit, or Private – Profit).|
|Hospital Contact Information||Contact details of the hospital’s authorized personnel, including their names, email addresses, and phone numbers.|
|Hospital Accreditation (if any)||Accreditation certificates or documents (e.g., NABH, NABL) if the hospital has any relevant accreditations.|
|Hospital Bank Account Details||Bank account details of the hospital, including the account number and IFSC code, for claims processing and payments.|
|Hospital PAN Card Copy||A copy of the Permanent Account Number (PAN) card issued to the hospital.|
|Hospital GST Registration (if any)||Copy of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) registration certificate, if applicable.|
|Hospital EWS Beds Information||Information about the number of beds allocated for economically weaker sections (EWS) in the hospital.|
|Hospital Aadhaar Authentication||Aadhaar-based authentication of the hospital’s key personnel.|
|Hospital Photographs||Photographs of the hospital’s exterior and interior to verify its infrastructure.|
|Hospital Declaration Form||A signed declaration form confirming the hospital’s compliance with PM-JAY guidelines.|
How Many Hospitals Are Under Ayushman Bharat?
As of 7 October 2023, there are approximately 23,000 government and private hospitals with impanelled status under Ayushman Bharat Yojana. These hospitals are part of the network that provides healthcare services to beneficiaries of the scheme.
Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria for Hospitals.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana is the world’s largest government-funded health insurance scheme. Under this program, eligible beneficiaries can receive financial coverage for hospitalization and medical treatment. Hospitals that wish to participate in Ayushman Bharat must meet specific eligibility criteria. Here are the details of the eligibility criteria for hospitals under Ayushman Bharat:
Ayushman Bharat eligibility criteria for Hospitals
- Hospital Type: Ayushman Bharat impanels hospitals under three main categories:
- Public Hospitals: Government-owned hospitals, including district hospitals, medical colleges, and other public healthcare facilities.
- Private Not-for-Profit Hospitals: Non-governmental, non-profit hospitals or charitable institutions.
- Private For-Profit Hospitals: Privately-owned, profit-making hospitals.
- Minimum Bed Capacity: The hospital must have a minimum number of in-patient beds to be eligible for empanelment. The exact bed capacity requirement may vary by state, but typically, it ranges from 10 to 30 beds.
- Infrastructure Requirements: The hospital should have necessary infrastructure, including medical equipment, facilities for patient care, and qualified medical and nursing staff available 24/7.
- Accessible Washrooms: Adequate and accessible washrooms should be available within the hospital premises for patients and their attendants.
- Interoperable IT System: The hospital must have an IT system in place that can efficiently manage data and share information as required by the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
- Record Maintenance: Hospitals must maintain complete records of Ayushman Bharat patients and provide them as needed for claims processing and audits.
- Emergency Services: Hospitals must have emergency services, including ambulance facilities, available for patients.
- Medical Officer: A dedicated medical officer should be appointed to oversee Ayushman Bharat operations within the hospital.
- Blood Bank and Laboratory: The hospital should have a blood bank and a laboratory for diagnostic purposes.
It’s important to note that these eligibility criteria may vary by state and region, and hospitals interested in empanelment should check with their respective state authorities for specific requirements.
The Ayushman Bharat scheme has emerged as a game-changer in the Indian healthcare landscape, offering financial protection and access to quality healthcare services for millions of people. For hospitals seeking empanelment, meeting the eligibility criteria is a crucial step in becoming part of this transformative initiative. By adhering to the guidelines and providing the necessary documentation, hospitals can contribute significantly to the health and well-being of Ayushman Bharat beneficiaries.
The Ayushman Bharat scheme aims to provide affordable healthcare services to economically disadvantaged families by offering insurance coverage of up to Rs. 5 lakhs per year.
No, hospitals empanelled under Ayushman Bharat cannot charge beneficiaries for the treatment covered under the scheme. The expenses are borne by the scheme.
Hospitals can check their eligibility by reviewing the scheme's guidelines and assessing their compliance with infrastructure and accessibility requirements.
Thanks for Visit
( Ayushman Bharat eligibility criteria for Hospitals )