Ayushman Bharat is the best healthcare scheme initiated by the Government of India to provide universal health coverage. With the aim of ensuring access to quality healthcare for all, Ayushman Bharat allows eligible beneficiaries to avail themselves of various medical services. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore How to add beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat, clarifying common doubts and questions along the way.
How to add beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat?
Adding the name of any family member in Ayushman Bharat Yojana is a very complicated task. But it is possible. We have given more information related to the Ayushman Bharat Card in our blog Hindi Techniques. In our previous article, we told you what is Ayushman Bharat Eligibility Criteria for Hospitals. Similarly, today in this article we will tell you how to add beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat. So friends, let’s start the article.
Before starting the article, let us tell you that there are many terms and conditions to add any beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat. Apart from this, it has an income criterion. If you follow this then you can add any beneficiary under Ayushman Bharat Scheme. In this article, we will answer many questions related to adding beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat. Some of the main questions are given below.
- Who is the beneficiary of the ayushman card?
- Is one ayushman card valid for all family members?
- How many family members are covered in the Ayushman Card?
- Number of beneficiaries in a family under Ayushman Bharat
- Which category of beneficiaries is recently added under the Ayushman Bharat pmjay?
- Who can be beneficiaries of ayushman bharat?
- Can you add multiple family members as beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat card?
- How to check the beneficiary list in Ayushman Bharat
- How to add beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat
- How to add other family members’ names to the Ayushman card online?
Who is the Beneficiary of the Ayushman Card?
As of 8th October 2023, the beneficiary of the Ayushman Card is typically a member of a family that falls under the eligibility criteria of the pmjay scheme. To be eligible, a family must be categorized as economically deprived based on the Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) database.
However, after September 2023, the eligibility criteria for the Ayushman Card have been slightly modified. Now, if there are 6 or more members in any ration card, they can be beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat Yojana. The eligibility criteria may be further updated in the future. Therefore, please stay updated with our website for any changes.
Is One Ayushman Card Valid for All Family Members?
No, one Ayushman Card is not valid for all family members. Each individual family member must have their own separate Ayushman Card. Ayushman Cards are issued individually for eligible members within a family, and only those members who meet the eligibility criteria can have a card issued in their name.
How Many Family Members Are Covered in the Ayushman Card?
The number of family members covered by the Ayushman Card depends entirely on the eligibility criteria. Currently, in most cases, all members of a family, regardless of their number, can be covered by the Ayushman Card. Previously, Ayushman Cards were issued based on the SECC (Socio-Economic Caste Census) data, which could limit the number of beneficiaries per card.
However, in recent times, if there are 6 or more members in a family’s ration card, all of them can have their Ayushman Cards. It’s important to note that if any family member is a government employee or exceeds the income limit, they may not be eligible for Ayushman Card coverage after verification.
Number of Beneficiaries in a Family Under Ayushman Bharat
Initially, in the beginning, only five members of a family were eligible to avail the benefits of the Ayushman Bharat Card. However, due to recent updates, all members of a family can now become beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat Card. This is why the Indian government has extended an offer to everyone to obtain their Ayushman Card, allowing them to include all members of their family as beneficiaries.
Which Category of Beneficiaries is Recently Added Under the Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY?
Recently, several beneficiaries have been added to the Ayushman Bharat PM-JAY scheme. Initially, all individuals whose names were listed in the 2011 census were considered beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat. However, more recently, all those who have a ration card with 6 or more members have been included in the beneficiary list of the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
This decision was made to ensure that as many people as possible can benefit from the scheme’s healthcare services, particularly those in larger families with 6 or more members. Now, these individuals can also get their Ayushman Bharat cards and avail of the scheme’s benefits.
Who Can be Beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat?
Beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat have undergone certain changes in eligibility criteria over time. Previously, individuals whose names were included in the 2011 census could become beneficiaries of Ayushman Bharat. Now, the eligibility criteria have evolved, and now, individuals across the country who have 6 or more units in their ration card can potentially qualify as beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat scheme.
It’s important to note that there haven’t been any recent updates regarding this eligibility criterion. The update regarding the ration card criteria is entirely new. If there are any future updates, we will make sure to inform all of you.
Can You Add Multiple Family Members as Beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat Card?
Yes, you can add multiple family members as beneficiaries of the Ayushman Bharat Card. The process of adding family members to the Ayushman Bharat Card has been simplified. Initially, you could add up to five members to the card. However, due to the latest updates, you can now easily include all your eligible family members in the Ayushman Bharat Card’s beneficiary list.
How to Check the Beneficiary List in Ayushman Bharat
To check the beneficiary list in Ayushman Bharat, we will guide you through three methods that are widely used throughout India:
Method 1: Using the Official Website.
- Visit the official website: mera.pmjay.gov.in.
- Enter your mobile number and the captcha code displayed on the screen.
- After entering the captcha code, click on the “OK” button.
- You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number; enter it on the screen.
- Next, select your state and choose your district from the drop-down menus.
- Enter your name, ration card number, or PMJAY Family ID.
- Click “Submit,” and if you are eligible, your name will appear on the list.
Method 2: Ayushman Bharat Mobile App.
- Install the Ayushman Bharat app on your mobile device.
- Enter your mobile number and verify it with the OTP sent to your mobile.
- Select your state and district.
- Enter your ration card number or family ID.
- Click “OK,” and if you are eligible, your name will be displayed.
Method 3: Visit a Nearby Ration Dealer or ASHA Worker.
- Approach your nearest ration dealer or ASHA worker.
- Request them to check your name in the beneficiary list.
- They will assist you in verifying your eligibility and provide you with the necessary information.
How to add beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat
How to Add Beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat?
To add a beneficiary in Ayushman Bharat, the process has evolved with recent changes. Previously, individuals would update their members on the official Ayushman Bharat website, pmjay.gov.in. However, now, the process is different. Here are the steps to add a beneficiary:
Method 1: Using beneficiary.nha.gov.in
- Visit the official Ayushman Bharat website for adding beneficiaries, beneficiary.nha.gov.in.
- Choose the “Operator” option.
- Afterward, log in with your CSC (Common Service Center) credentials. Please note that you must be registered with Ayushman Bharat to create an operator ID.
- Once logged in, click on the “Add Member” button.
- Fill in all the details of the new member, including their Aadhar number, name, ration card number, and more.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Within two or three days, you should receive approval for the new member.
Method 2: Using the Ayushman Bharat App
- Open the Ayushman Bharat app on your mobile device.
- Enter your mobile number and OTP (One-Time Password) to log in.
- Search for your ration card number.
- All the members eligible for Ayushman Bharat from your family will be displayed.
- Click on the “Add Member” option.
- Fill in the details of the new member, including their Aadhar number, name, ration card number, and more.
- Click on “Submit.”
- Within two or three days, you should receive approval for the new member.
How to Add Other Family Members’ Names to the Ayushman Card Online?
Adding family members’ names to the Ayushman Card can often be done through the authorized facility, which will handle the online registration process. The details will be verified, and the Ayushman Bharat card will be issued accordingly.
Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is a transformative healthcare initiative that aims to provide essential medical services to economically disadvantaged families across India. Adding beneficiaries to the scheme is a crucial step in expanding healthcare access. By following the outlined procedures and understanding the eligibility criteria, individuals and families can benefit from this comprehensive health coverage.
One Ayushman Card is typically valid for only 1 eligible family member.
You can check your eligibility for Ayushman Bharat by visiting the official website (mera.pmjay.gov.in) and providing your details such as mobile number, name, ration card number, or RSBY URN number.
Yes, you can use the Ayushman Bharat card at private hospitals and healthcare centers. These facilities are authorized to provide services under the scheme.
Yes, the Ayushman Bharat card is valid across all states and union territories in India. Beneficiaries can access healthcare services anywhere in the country.